Senior Legal Cashier
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
Exciting new Senior Legal Cashier vacancy at prestigious UK law firm - covering maternity leave for 12 months.
As the Senior Legal Cashier you will be monitoring and assisting with day to day transactions and ledger entries on the firm's client and office bank accounts made by the team, in accordance with challenging internal and external deadlines.
- Overseeing the day to day processes and bank reconciliations for all firm bank accounts, with main responsibility for those held offshore, designated deposit accounts and those held in foreign currency
- Assisting / overseeing the Junior Legal Cashier and AP Assistant
- Overseeing the running of the main, busy, client account. Providing guidance in relation to SRA client money rules and ensuring that internal and external deadlines are met
- Producing month end bank reconciliation for all bank accounts for presentation to Head of Finance Operations
- Assisting with the annual SRA client money audit and general SRA compliance and awareness within the team and wider firm
- Managing the office bank account balance and transferring between linked deposit account as required
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the firm's expenses policy, budget codes and approvers and the Chrome River system
- Assisting with the reconciliation of our travel provider invoices and company credit card ledgers
- Making scheduled payments of supplier invoices, counsel fee notes and staff expenses, as well as ad-hoc payments as required
- Managing the team's work load, assisting when required to meet deadlines
- Responsibility for monitoring the Accounts email in-box to ensure that all client/office requests are dealt with by the team in a timely manner and assisting with more complex queries as required
Experience needed is strong Solicitors Accounts Rules knowledge, and someone who has led a team of legal cashiers/ AP staff before. Knowledge or Aderant or Elite is preferred and as this is covering maternity leave, the individual must be readily available to start.
This would suit someone who has worked in a medium/ large law firm and is used to the high volumes of work and someone who has a friendly, approachable nature.