Senior Business Analyst
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£65000 - £75000 per annum|
An international law firm are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their Planning & Analysis team on a permanent basis.
As the Senior Business Analyst some of your duties will include -
- To support the annual budget and forecasting process for the firm, ensuring that the FP&A team meets all deadlines and the data supplied to budget stakeholders is reliable and accurate.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to deliver the required meeting materials and presentations for the annual review meetings.
- Provision of key commentary and analysis to support the Head of FP&A, Head of Finance and Finance Director in the delivery of the final budget to the Board for approval.
- Review and enhance the key budget reporting and KPI's to help with the analysis of core trends and details.
- Evaluate and identify key efficiency improvements for the budget cycle.
- Manage the FP&A monthly reporting cycle, ensuring the team delivers all required reporting for the business accurately and on time.
- Support the development of new reporting for the business, taking the opportunity to evaluate existing reporting and make suitable recommendations for standardised self-service reporting.
- Day to day management and development of the FP&A analysts; coaching and guiding the team to transition into valued and trusted commercial advisors to the Business.
- Work closely with the Head of FP&A to identify key areas for process improvement across the FP&A function and develop and manage project plans for the implementation of these process improvement areas.
- Manage the annual and quarterly survey process, ensuring all data submitted is accurate and submitted by the deadlines.
- Support the senior finance management team in the development and delivery of all key annual presentations to the firm.
- Collaborate with other finance departments, particularly the Business Managers, Pricing and Revenue Controllers to ensure consistency in the commercial analysis provided to the business.
To be successful in this Senior Business Analyst position you must be a fully qualified accountant with the experience of doing a similar role within a professional services firm/consultancy, ideally a law firm. Ideally you will have experience of working with a legal Practice Management System and you must have experience of managing a team.
You must have experience of working with a core business intelligence and planning software. Due to the nature of the role you must be a proactive individual with the ability to prioritise effectively and simultaneously handle challenging deadlines from senior stakeholders.
You must be a natural team player who wants their team to deliver excellent service and always looking for opportunities to keep improving.