|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000.00 per annum|
Experienced Revenue Controller needed for leading international law firm, focused on driving the end to end process of a matter. Based in the city in stunning offices, this firm is widely known and had a fantastic reputation.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Working with your designated departments providing information and monitoring, time, WIP and potential billing risks and opportunities.
- Obtaining WIP information from lawyers and conducting WIP meetings with all partners, and lawyers where necessary. Updating tracking spreadsheet to record promised bills.
- Identifying and chasing up aging orphaned disbursements, measure is total value of orphaned disbursements, by team/practice group monitored on a quarterly basis.
- Chase for authorisation and monitor progress of bills through the Elite system, progress of large bills, key bills or complex
- Encourage billing to be produced earlier in the month
- Request Bill/Transfer and Write off requests to the billing team, liaising with billing in respect of bills requested and write offs, time/disbursement transfers
- Enable the business to maximise potential utilisation and WIP & disbursement conversion, by running control reports which will indicate areas of risk
- Monitor time recording on a weekly basis to ensure that it is complete and closed down daily where possible and that holiday time has been completed, either in advance or by the relevant secretary.
- Monitor and drive down open time by liaising with office managers, fee-earners and secretaries to ensure prompt closure prior to risk of purging;
- Sending out monthly WIP reports to Partners/BTK's
- Provide financial reporting; (excluding detailed analyses of profit, gross margin and other KPIs) diarising regular reports as necessary to ensure prompt delivery and in the format as required by the client (internal or external).
- Assisting fee earners with time queries, i.e. difference between CD and Elite for bonus purposes
- Provision of billing guides and other reports to partners and lawyers on an ad-hoc basis
- Provide service delivery support to the legal teams to identifying correct route to solve issues and owning the issue until resolution by the relevant team has been completed.
Strong law firm revenue control experience is required for this role as it is to cover sickness within the team so must be able to come in and hit the ground running. They are flexible on previous systems exposure but do need someone who can be readily available to start.