Revenue and Credit Control Assistant
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
An international law firm is looking for a keen Revenue Control Assistant to work alongside both the Revenue and Credit Controllers. Your main responsibility will include (but not limited to) ensuring that allocations of receipts, bills are processed in time for month end and that processed promptly. This role will require you to have excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Organising and attending regular monthly meetings with all allocated Partners and Fee Earners to discuss WIP levels, monthly billing and unpaid invoices
- Maintaining and reducing the Firm's debtor levels (via telephone, e-mail and letter) within the allocated departments, to ensure all debts are chasing regularly and in-line with the Firm's Credit Control Policy
- Ensuring precise records are posted to the ARCS credit control system and that the diary system is fully utilised
- Providing clients with copy invoices, statements and any additional information required in order to secure payment
- Working with the client and office cashiering teams for accurate allocation of payments, including the processing of client to office account transfers authorised by Fee Earners
- Judging and raising concerns and perceived risks with the Revenue/Credit Control Supervisor
- Providing guidance for accounting provisions for specific debts as part of the year end process
- Distribution of regular debt and exposure reports to Fee Earners and Partners
- Preparation of cash accounts for client matters as required
- Taking of credit card payments from client over the phone and via the handheld terminal
- Dealing with queries from internal and external clients
- Any other ad hoc duties.
- The role requires an organised and methodical approach to ensure all relevant WIP is billed and unpaid debts are chased on a regular basis
- The successful candidate will also need to be confident and persuasive when communicating with both internal and external clients
- Excellent telephone manner and writing skills are a prerequisite.