Management Accountant - Maternity Cover
|Location:||West London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||Up to £55000 per annum|
Our Client is a large US Law firm with over 1000 lawyers worldwide. Their offices spans the globe with the head office in the USA and 12 others across the US, Europe and Asia. The firm has worked on over 100 deals covering a two year period worth over $18billion to their clients.
The firm are looking for a Management Accountant to join their London office based in the beautiful west end of London. The firm would be looking for you to join on a Maternity cover ranging between nine to twelve months.
The Management Accountant is responsible for the preparation of the London annual tax accounts and monthly financials. Responsibility for supervising the cashiering, client account and liaising with US practice re London accounts payable and for ensuring the accuracy of the posting and recording of the day to day transactions carried out. General responsibilities would include:
- Managing the Solicitors Accounts Rules audit
- Preparation of management accounts for internal and bank purposes
- Bank reconciliation
- Preparation of Quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with internal audit review
- Improving existing processes and full involvement in implementation of any new systems
Accounts Payable, Legal Cashiering and Client Account:
- Full responsibility of setting day and month end procedures
- Full analysis of nominal accounts
- Responsible for paying the partner drawings and distributions
- Maintain the office's Fixed Assets Register
- Reviewing client account reconciliations and balances
The firm use the system Elite 3E and require a strong understanding of the system. A strong knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is also a necessity for the role.
The role would have supervisory aspects and previous supervisory experience would be a benefit.
Attention to detail and an appreciation for accurate and error free work is a must.
If you are ticking boxes reading through this description, please apply today!