Ambition is representing a top 100 law firm with multiple offices around the UK, they are currently looking for a proactive individual for the Crime Biller position. The firm has a diverse and friendly culture with a positive approach to work life balance. You will be reporting to the Finance Director and Head of Crime. As a Crime Biller, you will be working in a fast paced and professional atmosphere but will always be provided with supported when required. This leading law firm is a short walk from an easily accessible station with great benefits including study support.
As the Crime Biller some of your responsibilities include:
- Drafting, processing and reviewing Crime Legal Aid Bills (non-standard fees and lower fees)
- Prepare all Magistrate Court and Crown Court claims
- Submitting these claims on the appropriate documentation, archiving and liaising with Legal Aid Agency on these claims
- Private criminal bills - including court appointee bills
- Update file claim information on firm's software
- Assisting other areas of finance when required
To be successful in this Crime Biller position, some of the requirements include:
- Experience in submitting crime claims to the Legal Aid Agency
- Having a good understanding of the following systems: legal aid portal, crown court billing system and criminal digital system
- Confidently Liaising with fee earners and partners
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
If you fit the Crime Biller description above and are interested in a position where you will be supported, please apply with your updated CV.