Legal Biller - 12 Month FTC
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
Fantastic US law firm looking for an experienced Legal Biller to join them on a 12-month FTC to bolster their team of 4 in finance to focus on their increased billing needs. You must be able to be self-motivated, a team player and be able to deal with complex billing. This is a great opportunity to join a wonderful team in stunning offices.
The key responsibilities therefore include but are not limited to:
- Production and distribution of prebills at beginning of each month
- Review and edit pre-bills throughout the month and upon request
- Ensure bills are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with HMRC legislation including VAT, relevant SRA and E-billing
- Ensure bills are sent out and posted on a timely basis especially at month end. This includes following up the status of invoices with both shareholders and secretaries.
- General housekeeping of client billing related requirements ie. Rate sets, discounts, address/client name changes as per due diligence process, write offs and credit notes
- Ensure all email billing requests and queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Management of Pre-Bill Viewer requests (paper free billing) - this includes time transfers, write offs and final production of bills.
- Assist with maintenance of the December and June collection drive and relevant AR reporting
- Daily input of invoices in VAT spreadsheet
- Maintenance of engagement letters reconciliation and ensuring engagement letters match billing requirements
- Providing general support to the finance team and secretaries when required
- Apart from the duties summarized herein, we retain the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to accounting and finance, or assigned by the Finance Manager
Candidates should have strong VAT knowledge regarding EU ruling and services of disbursements, experience in pro rata billing and be able to take ownership of a busy billing function working for several different teams.