Group Accountant - Members and Partner Accounts
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£60000 - £75000 per annum|
Ambition is currently working with a leading international law firm who are recruiting for a Group Accountant to look after Members and Partners accounts. This firm has a track record for innovation and are consistently improving efficiency and embracing new technology.
The firm has long standing members in the organisation and aims to retain the best talent by developing people throughout their career.
As the Group/Partnership Accountant some of your responsibilities include :
- Maintaining the central records and accounts within AX relating to the members or partners
- Calculating members or partners distributions in accordance with the firm's funding policy
- Maintaining all the members / partners' accounts within AX including current accounts, drawings accounts and capital accounts in the appropriate currencies.
- Arranging payments of distributions
- Providing advice to members or partners on group matters including Firm policies and practices
- Calculation of annuities payable to retired partners in accordance with the firm's agreement, arranging payments, and reporting to retired partners and maintaining records of amounts due and paid
- The role involves working with finance managers in each country in relation to the correct maintenance of accounting records relating to partners based in those offices Liaising with the firm's auditors and providing information to the group financial accounting team
- Supervising the Partnership Accounts Assistant by providing training and delegating appropriate tasks
To be successful in this Group Accountant position, some of the requirements include:
- Professional accounting qualification
- Previous partnership accounting/management accounting experience within professional services
- Excellent IT and accounting skills
- Attention to detail and good time management skills
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Diplomatic and persuasive approach
- Ability to form good working relationships
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
If you fit the Group Accountant description above and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.