Finance Assistant (Temp - Perm)
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£30000 - £34000 per annum|
Established London law firm with a broadly based mainly commercial practice, representing both UK and international clients are looking to hire into their finance team for a Finance Assistant, on a temp to perm basis.
As the Finance Assistant in this small team, you will take on a hands-on role, assistant with cashiers department as well as the finance manager n financial and reporting matters.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist fee earners with reconciling completion accounts.
- Client Accounts - process all daily transactions including CHAPS and BACS payments on RBS Bankline and reconcile client bank on a daily basis.
- Office Account - process all daily transactions, check paid bills for unpaid disbursements and complete cheque requests, reconcile bank account on a daily basis.
- Post and reconcile internal transfers, run daily control report and check for errors. Raise Client, Office cheques.
- Counsels fees - prepare cheques and reconcile payments with counsel fee notes.
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly management accounts, and distribution of monthly management information pack.
- Computation of monthly prepayments and accruals, various control account, reconciliations, deriving and posting journals, maintain fixed asset register and depreciation computations, analyse and monitor certain key profit and loss items against budget and "last year" and similar compliance work.
- and balance sheets.
- Assistance with annual statutory reporting and SRA compliance.
Key skills needed for this role include strong excel skills, knowledge of billing and legal cashiering and SRA regulations. The ability to multitask and the interest in accounts preparation work.
As this is a small team, personality will be important so someone who is friendly, hardworking, approachable and a team player, would be perfect for this position.
This role would be great for someone who is currently working in an accounts position of a law firm, who wants to gain more exposure on management and financial accounts.