An established law firm is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their Accounts team to support both the Finance Manager and the Senior Cashier. This role will consist of having responsibilities as a Legal Cashier and also assisting the Finance Mamager with financial and reporting matters and other projects that arise across the firm.
- File opening in accordance with Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- Assist fee earners with reconciling completion accounts
- Checking and approving client files for closure and archiving
- Client Accounts, process all daily transactions including CHAPS and BACS payments on RBS Bankline and reconcile client bank on a daily basis
- Office Account, process all daily transactions, Check paid bills for unpaid disbursments and complete cheque requests, reconcile bank account on a daily basis
- Post and reconcile internal transfers, run daily control reports and check for errors. Raise Client, Office cheques
- Counsels fees - prepare cheques and reconcile payments with counsel fee notes
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly management accounts, and distribution of monthly management information pack
- Computation of monthly prepayments and accruals, various control account, reconciliations, deriving and posting journals, maintain fixed asset register and depreciation computations, analyse and monitor certain key profit and loss items against budget and "last year" and similar compliance work
- Assistance with annual statutory reporting and SRA compliance
- Previous experience within a law firm
- Knowedge of SARs
- Excellent communication skills
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.