Development & Project Senior Manager
A top 10, international law firm are looking for a Development & Projects Senior Manager to join their busy London office.
As the Development & Projects Senior Manager some of your responsibilities will include -
- Manage the development the team, building a consistently high performing team whilst developing each individual.
- Implement, participate in and manage effective programme and project management.
- Provide effective leadership and direction to Finance team members undertaking project duties.
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities for all those involved in projects.
- Project management or project team mentoring to ensure successful global deployment of initiatives and software solutions.
- Project manage the software release cycle for stock and custom code, including task and resource planning and organising and chairing relevant project meetings.
- Manage project deadlines, embrace creative approaches to overcome obstacles and escalate quickly and effectively when required.
- Project risk and issues management and escalation.
- Influence and persuade the relevant delivery teams to meet project deadlines.
- Understanding the inter-dependencies of systems within and connected to Finance Systems to ensure wider impacts are understood and managed.
- Management of the 3e Development & Controlled Testing environments, ensuring the software versions are consistently applied, the database is refreshed and up to date as necessary and that performance is reviewed to meet the deployment and testing demands.
To be successful in this Development & Projects Senior Manager position you must have proven Project Management experience where you have worked with a Development team. Although you do not need to be a qualified accountant, it would be highly beneficial for you to have finance knowledge and worked with a finance team previously.
You must have a very good track record of delivering projects on time and to agreed quality standards where you will need strong people and task management skills, in order to meet strict deadlines on small or larger projects. It would be highly beneficial for you to have worked within a law firm where you have had exposure to a Practice Management System (ideally Elite 3E). Due to the nature of this role, you must have excellent communication skills where you are able to build up strong working relationships will all levels of seniority.
Other key requirements include -
- Very good reporting, project planning and stakeholder management skills at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of the application development lifecycle.
- Technically competent with relevant finance/accounting knowledge and skills.
- Proven in-depth understanding of financial/management information systems, experience of Elite 3e would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of business process reviews with proven experience of providing high quality documentation and an ability to standardise processes.
- Prince 2 qualified