DAC6 Advisor / Tax Manager
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£80000 - £100000 per annum|
A global law firm with over 30 offices worldwide is looking for a DAC 6 Advisor/Tax Manager to join their Cannon Street offices on a permanent basis. The DAC 6 Advisor/Tax Manager would work very closely with the firm counsel, the partners and the finance division to develop strategies and procedures to ensure compliance with EU Directives relating to Tax.
The primary responsibility of the DAC 6/Tax Manager would be focusing on DAC 6 Compliance but will be coupled with day to day general partnership taxation work.
Your other responsibilities would include:
- Preparing guidance documentation and general know how in respect of transactions/arrangements falling within the specific DAC6 hallmarks
- Working with IT teams and/or a third party provider and the OGC to implement and over time, enhance, a technical compliance solution
- Being the main point of contact internally for technical enquiries on whether or not an arrangement is potentially within scope for disclosure and the practical implications of that
- Working closely with the OGC in preparing for the Firm to meet its obligations in relation to historic matters. Insofar as disclosures cannot be made due to privilege, advising on appropriate notifications to other advisors and/or the client.
- Working with the OGC to devise a process to be embedded within the Firm's existing processes for matter opening, billing etc. to allow the firm to comply with "real time" 30 day DAC 6 reporting requirements as from July 2020
- Liaising with tax lawyers across our EU offices to keep up to date on latest developments including the detail of implementing legislation, guidance notes from tax authorities etc
- Educating partners and fee earners on DAC6 issues via communications and training
- Preparing reports for the Management Committee and/or the Audit and Risk Committee on key risk issues/compliance
- Working with the Partnership Tax team to ensure that the firm's global tax compliance obligations are met and assisting with projects as they arise
You would ideally have previous tax experience working with EU Directives and a working knowledge of the DAC 6 Legislation. Previous partnership tax experience is also beneficial.
If you feel this role would suit your experience, please apply today