Credit Controller - 6 month FTC
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||Up to £30000.00 per annum|
An independent law firm is looking for a Credit Controller (6 months FTC) to join their Finance team. The individual will have previous credit control experience within a law firm. Your main responsibility will be the Collections process for specific Departments and Practice Areas within the business as well as assisting in the more general day to day Collections function.
- Working closely with the team to ensure that our internal processes are correctly followed, including the production and distribution of collection letters and emails, confirming all details are correct and sending to clients/third party debtors
- Effectively managing your daily to-do list, ensuring that reminders sent to debtors are followed up
- Acting upon Partner/Fee Earner responses to automated daily chaser alerts, keeping the collection system up to date always, whilst also maintaining an organised diary to keep on top of any debt where reminders are being held
- Arranging and conducting regular meetings with debt responsible Partners and Fee Earners, reviewing clients debt by age and amount
- Assisting with the allocation of funds paid into our bills bank account, and cheques received in settlement of bills as well as receiving payments by card via the telephone
- Dealing with client requests for copy bills, bank details or passing requests to fee earners for breakdowns
- Helping the team during busy periods, particularly month ends
- At least two years experience at Credit Controller level, operating within a similar sized legal team
- Experience in using a Practice Management System, able to make use of systems, previous knowledge of Aderant or Elite is highly desirable
- Experience of engaging with Partners and Fee Earners and demonstratable examples of debt meetings and client liaison
If you fit the above description and are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV.