A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experience Credit Controller to join a Top International Law firm in their finance function based in Essex.
This role will be focused on working with their Insurance clients, so experience working in credit control within an insurance firm or a law firm with insurance clients would be huge advantageous.
As the Credit Controller, you will be responsible for
- Provide a comprehensive credit control service - pursue debtors frequently and effectively by telephone, email and letter to secure payment within Kennedys agreed payment terms
- Proactively engage fee earners and partners to improve collections and reduce days' debt - attend monthly meetings with fee earners and partners to agree collection plans
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased and ensuring that the debtors are contacted
- Ensure the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary.
- Attend monthly review meetings with the Credit Control Manager (Assistant Manager) to discuss collection performance and remedial actions
- Attend client meetings as required/requested to ensure/support the prompt payment of outstanding invoices
- Attain and maintain cash collection targets
- Produce and ensure the prompt, accurate delivery of sales invoices, statements and reminder letters to debtors
- Produce statements and interest calculations, as required
- Review bill receipts and identity/resolve discrepancies immediately
- Resolve collection issues, update the accounts system (billing details, etc.) and liaise with other Financial Operations teams
Salary is competitive for this role and remote working initially will be required. All interviews to be held via video call.