Commercial Business Manager
Amazing opportunity to join a global law firm in their central finance team as their Commercial Business Manager covering maternity leave.
This is a very senior position across the firm, supporting all practice groups across the firm in pricing & profitability and financial modelling on behalf of the partners to aid commercial business decisions. You will also be working with the finance department on projects to help increase efficiency and will be working closely with the CGO on appraisals of strategic projects.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with the CFO to monitor profitability of industry groups and support them to achieve budget and maximise profitability.
- Work with the Finance team and more widely with the business as necessary on key strategic projects, to include financial modelling and project/investment appraisal.
- Lead the firm's pilot on pricing, develop the roadmap to educate the firm on better pricing practices, support key pricing decisions.
- Input into the development of Cognos reporting project, working with the Group Financial Controller.
- Develop business models/products with the business for future fee income and profitability.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports and analyses in relation to partner/group performance as well as preparing business cases and financial forecasts for lateral hires.
- Assist with any ad hoc projects aimed at improving the firm's financial performance.
This role would suit someone with a sound understanding of Pricing within the legal sector as there is a big project internally at the firm, as well as someone with proven experience in a commercial finance role, ideally having worked at a law firm previously or wider professional services including accountancy or consultancy.
You will not have any direct line reports so this person must be comfortable doing a lot of the hands on analysis work.
This is a really exciting opportunity to take on a really hands on role, working closely with very senior stakehdolers across the firm and having a seat at the table giving analysis and advise on how to drive the business forward.