|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£70000 - £75000 per annum|
Are you an experienced Commercial Finance professional with experience working in the legal sector or wider professional services? If so, we are working on a really exciting opportunity at a Top Law Firm in a newly created Business Manager role supporting a specific practice group with the aim of driving and enhancing practice performance in line with the global practice strategy and the overall strategy of the Firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Senior Business Manager and Practice Group Leaders on strategic, business and operational related topics
- Supporting the development and monitoring of the business plan of the practice and help develop and manage budget proactively to ensure effective implementation of the Firm strategy
- Drive improvements of operational and financial performance by monitoring and analysing key performance indicators at practice and service line level, ensuring alignment with planned targets (including cost management, working capital, staffing and margin contribution)
- Ensure cross-practice and cross-functional initiatives implementation at Practice Group level and coordinate resources from other Professional & Business Services (PBS) functions supporting the same Practice Group to ensure proper coverage and effective strategy execution
- Capture efficiency and innovation opportunities for the main service lines by leading and participating in initiatives, aligned within the global practice and with other practice groups
- Support appropriate resourcing, headcount planning, staffing, and talent pipeline leveraging support from, and in coordination with, other PBS functions
- Support interactions with Industry Groups making sure that go-to-market and service delivery is appropriate for clients in those sectors
- Monitor and ensure effective implementation of client and business development plans leveraging support from other PBS functions
- Coordinate internal practice group engagement activities and meetings fostering positive and open communication
- Lead and participate in projects for the practice
This is an amazing opportunity to work as a true finance business partner in a practice group specific role, in a commercially focused finance position, providing support and value add analysis to improve performance. This is a partner facing role so stakeholder management will be important as well as knowledge of professional services, ideally legal as an understanding of drivers and challenges within he industry would be highly advantageous.
There are currently a number of Business Manager roles available across multiple practice groups across the firm so if you are a commercially focused finance professional, apply now!