|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000.00 per annum|
Are you an experienced Senior Biller/ Billing Supervisor looking for a new challenge? If so, I am working on a really exciting Billing Supervisory role at a Top Law firm based in the city, on a 12 month FTC maternity cover basis.
Supervising a team of 3, you will be responsible for assisting the firm to achieve its financial targets by providing an efficient and commercially focused service.
A key aspect of this role is establishing relationships in order to gain knowledge about the clients and matters of the departments, quickly following up on matters that have concluded or have reached billing stage and ensuring they are responded to in a timely manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Along with the team, supporting the Partners with all aspect of the Billing Lifecycle.
- Ensure compliance of all processes and systems in the Billing Lifecycle against the relevant internal and external regulation and legislation.
- Develop the Billing team to create and maintain a high-quality service for the London office
- Establishing a cyclical routine to billing and WIP management for the London office
- Production of financial and statistical information for the Head of Finance and heads of department.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitor's Accounts Rules and Money Laundering regulations
- Develop and establish internal relationships with Partners and fee earners in order to communicate the departmental targets
- Regular review and management of internal procedures and controls and regulatory compliance
- Conducting regular meetings with the Billing Assistants on departmental performance to ensure targets are communicated and achieved internally
- Training and developing staff, carrying out appraisals and manage recruitment process on departmental vacancies
- Regular analysis of client/matter information in relation to archiving
- Maintenance of transfers of time/cost and write-offs
- Conducting a regular review of KPIs and arranging meetings with Partners and fee earners to quickly embark of the most appropriate course of action
Experience required includes:
- Strong legal billing experience ideally with exposure of Elite Enterprise or Elite 3e.
- Experience supervising more junior members in the team
- Ability to work proactively under pressure
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Proven ability of developing people and leading a team
- Knowledge of VAT guidelines
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules