Billing Coordinator - Legal Aid
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£23000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
Legal Aid firm looking to hire a Billing Coordinator on a permanent basis due to expansion of the team.
Working in a team of 8 in the Billing team, you will prepare costs claims for legal aid cases and deal with any issues that may arise with clients Legal Aid Certificates.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare/finalise and submit Legal Aid bills as well as process bills payable by third parties
- Liaise with Barristers Clerks
- Prepare Private bills & final cost transfers
- Identifying files that are within the time period for claiming a payment on account for profit costs
- Claim for Court fees, Counsel fees, disbursements, process server fees
- Chase final orders from courts and chase Legal Aid Certificates and deal with amendments
- Allocate counsels fees, claim process server fees and any other disbursements
- Provide evidence for disbursement claims on the Legal Aid Portal
- Communicate with clients in a professional and friendly manner
Experience within Legal Aid billing is essential with exposure witin Crime and Family matters prefered, however if you have exposure to Crime OR Family billing, this will also still be considered. If this suits your experience, please get in touch today to avoid missing out as this is a key role and they need someone in the post ASAP.
London offices based in the City but remote working will be facilitated initially.