Job Title: VAT Director
Salary: Up to £90,000 + benefits
I am currently working on a VAT Director role for an award winning, international Accountancy firm based in Central London. The role requires an ambitious, confident individual, with excellent knowledge of VAT to join the growing Indirect Tax Team. The successful candidate will be a senior member of the Team, responsible for assisting the Indirect Tax Partner in servicing clients, directing Indirect Tax services and managing the people within the department.
The role holder may have specialist skills but will also be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients in a variety of sectors, taking day-to-day responsibility for the Indirect Tax team and playing a pivotal role in the development of indirect tax business.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Further develop the indirect tax practice
- Advisory work
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Provide insightful, industry specific advice to clients
- Advise on UK and international VAT liability, transactional issues and the associated treatment of expenditure under partial exemption rules
- A meaningful part of the role will be business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical or sector knowledge and expertise
- General management of a team, including people management, appraisals, billing etc.
Requirements for this role include:
- At least 10 years of experience working in Indirect Tax, preferably within an Accountancy practice
- Comfortable handling both and advisory work whilst delegating work effectively
- Experience developing and training juniors as well as wider VAT/Indirect Tax teams
- Proven track record of maintaining and developing client relationships
If you are interested in this role please apply directly or for more information please call Matthew Barber on 07852 565 247