UK Finance Director & COO
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£150000.00 - £165000.00 per annum|
Amazing opportunity to join a leading London law firm as their UK Finance Director & COO.
As the UK Finance Director and COO you will take responsibility for:
- Overall day to day responsibility for the financial aspects of the London Office including the London P&L and Balance Sheet, including the service company.
- Oversee the execution of all operational financial processes, accounts, ledgers and reporting systems.
- Preparation of annual budgets and investigation of any major variances including the introduction of corrective proposals.
- Lead the London accounts team of circa 30 people, with 3 direct reports
- Be the escalation point for issues concerning credit control or client money compliance issues.
- Liaise with clients directly on difficult or large balances in order to help partners maintain the client relationship if they are not negotiating.
- Work with Commercial Accountants and partners to help partners understand the drivers of profitability in their practice as well as managing the Charge out rate increases - supported by the Commercial Accountants
- Attend London Executive meetings and present any financial statements and reports, as required.
- Work with the Head of London and the London Exec Team in planning for and driving profitable growth into the future
- Hold the SRA role of Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) and ensure the firm has adequate controls and processes.
- To oversee London support operation with direct line management for Facilities.
- Direct budgets and allocate resources for London support departments.
- Develop and direct execution of London operating policies to support the Firm's policies and objectives.
- Facilitate cooperation and collaboration among support departments and between support and legal departments.
- Ensure that support activities comply with Firm requirements for quality, legal compliance and general duty of care.
- Overall accountability for Information security
To be successful in your application, previous law firm experience is required for the role as well as experience in leading effective teams in a complex business environment.
Additionally, the firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive working environment and will actively support professional development. They support an agile working environment and are happy to discuss flexible working.