Tax Semi Senior (UK/US)
Ambition is working closely with an excellent independent UK/US tax practice in the City of London who because of continued growth are looking to recruit for a Tax Semi Senior. This is a stellar opportunity to join a tight-knit team, highly experienced in working with non-UK nationals and UK based US clients.
The firm are well established, reputable and the leadership team have a wealth of experience in the US/UK market which has driven their growth and allowed for staff to develop their careers. Offices are based in the City of London.
As a Tax Semi Senior, the role will be all encompassing and oversee the complete life cycle of a client's tax returns which requires professionalism and discretion. The role will provide regular training on the day to day aspects of the work ensuring that staff are kept up to date with ever changing legislation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Exposure to the full process from meeting the client to completing their tax return, and everything in between.
- Handling clients' private and confidential material.
- Liaising with clients and various tax authorities directly via phone, email and in person.
- Inputting data using Excel and specialised UK and US tax software.
- Keeping computer records up to date.
- Basic administrative duties such as record keeping and invoice reminders.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required as part of the role.
To be considered for this role it is essential to have had previous working knowledge in tax within a professional setting. The successful candidate will also have a strong capacity to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while remaining well organised with a strong attention to detail.
Additionally, other requirements include:
- Started or part way through a tax qualification - ATT or CTA/CIOT.
- A-Levels (or equivalent) in Math & English.
- Good numeracy and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills in MS office.
- Ability to commute easily to the City of London.
This is a superb opportunity to work in an excellent practice and learn from highly experience professionals who will add value to someone's career. The successful candidate will receive study support and assistance towards obtaining the ATT/CTA and a highly competitive overall package.
If this sounds of interest, please apply directly, or contact Timo Turnley on 020 743 07263.