Consultant - Tax
Tax assistant (Employment Tax)
Mid-tier accountancy practice are seeking a Tax Assistant to join their collaborative employment tax team based in London. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress in a career in tax.
As Tax Assistant you will work directly with senior colleagues and their client portfolio across all areas of employment tax, for which, full support and guidance will be provided. Duties include:
- Processing complex payroll for overseas nationals. Liaison with clients to collect data for completion of forms (P11D).
- Working closely with HMRC for tax filings, PAYE settlement agreements and assisting with advisory work.
- Penalty appeals, resolving problems with duplicate UTRs and setting up/closing down payrolls.
As you progress, you can expect to be given more exposure with clients and assist complex tax matters, working alongside Managers and Partners.
This is a perfect role to start a career with Tax and develop professionally.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- 12 months experience in tax
- Minimum 2:2 classification
- At least 112 UCAS points (minimum).
- Self-motivated individual with the administrative and organisational skills, who is able to maintain workload.
- Have knowledge of Excel, IT literate.
- Able to commute to offices in London
- Pursuing ATT and CTA qualification (relevant tax experience considered)
- Basic accounting, business and tax knowledge
Benefits: You will be given the opportunity to study both ATT and CTA qualifications with full support and training as you progress into the role.
- 25 days annual leave + 3 days off Christmas
- Salary reviews twice a year
- Option to buy/sell additional days
- Hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Loyalty awards
- Life cover
- Professional subscriptions
- Employee and client referral awards
If you're interested in exploring this opportunity further, please apply directly or drop me an email with your full CV to: Tasnima.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend