New Senior Financial Analyst position available at international law firm.
Sitting in the financial analysts team whose primary responsibility is to understand the financial performance of the firm and provide detailed financial analysis to the Central Management and Global Leadership Teams, as well as the wider business.
You will report directly to the Head of Financial Analysis and will work closely with other members of the team, as well as working directly with senior stakeholders across the business.
The work will be centred around providing financial analysis, with a focus on supporting the growth and profitability of the firm.
Main responsibilities include:
- Undertake detailed and insightful financial analysis, from firm to matter level, to support the financial elements of projects. Present findings and offer recommendations.
- Maintain a thorough and up to date understanding of the firm's financial performance, strategy and culture, as well as bring industry-wide knowledge; use this information to give context to analysis.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the firm's financial data, Key Performance Indicators, reporting suite, matter profitability methodology and partner remuneration policies.
- Supervision of work completed by more junior team members.
- We are happy to discuss flexible working and will facilitate it where possible.
Attributes / skills required
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with previous experience of working in a role with commercial focus; experience of legal or other professional services is preferable.
- Excellent analytical skills with a high level of accuracy. Considers the wider business in the approach to work.
- Uses own initiative to develop analysis and take work forward as the individual sees fit.
- Seeks creative ways to summarise large volumes of data and present financial information such that it is easily digested and has the most impact possible.
- The ability to present and discuss financial concepts to those with a non-finance background.
- Can build trust and rapport with partners and employees throughout the firm, including senior leaders. Has the confidence to influence and challenge where appropriate.
- Can work under pressure, re-prioritise tasks as necessary and manage expectations with regards to delivering work.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend