Newly created Senior Financial Accountant position now available at leading global law firm to manage a team of two qualified accountants. You will be part of a team who are responsible for the compliance reporting of the London office which is made up of four entities they have to account for two of which are partnerships and the other two are limited companies.
- Assist and review the preparation of the annual LLP financial statements partnering with Global and Regional Finance
- Review the preparation of quarterly VAT returns concerning all local entities.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the Partnership Tax return
- Review the annual financial statements of the service companies partnering with Global and Regional Finance
- Review monthly management accounts
- Managing the preparation of corporation tax returns for the service companies
- Support the team in maintaining the general ledger and balance sheet accuracy in conjunction with in-market accounting resources
- Oversee all GL to sub-ledger reconciliations, fixed assets, VAT filing support, Tax payment calculations, and inter-firm reconciliation
- Review and approve journal entry adjustments and balance sheet re-classifications
- Provide local management reporting for the office concerning compliance issues.
- Coordinate year-end audit for LLP and Service Company entities
- Provide support for internal/external audits as necessary.
- Advise on relevant developments in accounting, tax, and VAT legislation and implementing any necessary changes
- Define and implement operational guidelines to ensure compliance with local tax and accounting regulations
- Assist with the development of financial procedures and processes throughout the firm
- Manage and supervise the Reporting Accountant and Financial Accountant
Must be fully qualified - at least 5+ years PQE
Ideally will have people management experience but will consider someone stepping up into a managerial role
Strong team player working with number of different people, people manager and a good fit in the team. Quite a close knit team and get on well together and fit is very important.
Ability to influence people and engage with others in the business, a lot of interaction with finance department, auditors and HMRC (less contact with fee earning population in this role)
Passionate about compliance and leading on making processes more efficient, knowing best practice and therefore applying that across the firm.
Professional services only, law firm or accountancy practice or similar. One of main projects in first few years is taxation of partners profits and therefore the changes that need to be implemented to account for the new tax rules. So will need partnership experience ideally.
Flexible working- 2days in the office ,2 days at home ,1 days flexible depending on the needs of the business.
"We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion, or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us."
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend