Senior Financial Accountant
NEW Senior Financial Accountant position available in leading global law firm in their Group finance team, working under the Group Financial Controller.
As the Senior Financial Accountant you will be working in a team of 7, your main focus will be the on group statutory accounts and compliance, but also will touch on the group management accounts.
Specific duties include:
- Involvement in the preparation of the Group's Limited Liability Partnership financial statements under applicable International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation and review of the statutory financial statements of some of the LLP's subsidiary undertakings.
- Working closely with the audit team and liaising with the accountants in the Group offices to ensure that the audit completes efficiently.
- Responsibility for the accuracy and delivery of regulatory and statutory reporting of all our UK entities and working with local finance teams to ensure local compliance.
- Working closely with the tax team, especially regarding partner related matters, transfer pricing, VAT etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts for the UK region. This includes preparing specific month end adjustments, providing support to Business Services directors/Management of the firm and reviewing the monthly figures for the UK region.
- Incorporating the trial balances and cash books of some non-UK office into the firm's consolidated monthly accounts.
- Liaising with local finance teams to ensure timely completion of management accounts.
- Assisting with accounting complications, journal processing, the review of balance sheet control accounts and ensuring compliance with the firm's policies.
This role would suit someone who:
- Is a technically strong accountant and enjoys financial statutory reporting (must be ACA/ ACCA qualified)
- Is practice trained with experience in industry (doesn't need to be law firm but LLP stat accounting experience highly desirable)
- Has worked in a group role before and not just for a UK entity
- Is a good problem solver and has excellent attention to detail
- Has knowledge of IFRS and is proactive in getting up to date with ever changes legislation (in particular new audit requirements, new IFRS standards introduced including 16,9,15)