Senior Financial Accountant
NEW Senior Financial Accountant position available at a highly regarded international law firm with over 180 partners and $307million turnover globally.
The position is looking for someone fully qualified with knowledge of UK GAAP, strong excel skills with ideally a background in professional services (having worked on LLP accounts). This role will have two direct reports (both qualified accountants) and will report into the Financial Controller.
As the Senior Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Production of the annual audited Financial Statements using FRS 102 for all the firms entities
- Working closely with the audit team and liaising with the accountants in the Group offices to ensure that the audit completes efficiently.
- Preparation of the annual budget and business plan
- Preparation of the monthly profit and loss account, together with supporting commentary of key cost variances.
- Reconciliation and maintenance of EU partner ledgers within the Elite general ledger (profit, drawings, tax reserves).
- Preparation of a global annual partner compensation model.
- Preparation of EU/APAC quarterly distribution schedules and overseeing the payment to partners, circulation of reconciliations etc.
- Preparation of EU partner leaving statements.
- Annual preparation of forecast cash flows for EU partners drawings and distributions.
- Preparation of partner related data for inclusion in annual surveys.
- Working closely with the tax team, especially regarding partner related matters. Also re R&D tax credits, transfer pricing etc.
As well as good working knowledge of UK GAAP (in particular IFS102) and excel, you must also be able to display:
- Commercial aptitude with a modern, pro-active approach.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous managerial responsibilities with high levels of interpersonal skills and the ability to lead & inspire others.
- The energy and enthusiasm to manage new initiatives, challenge the norm and strive towards excellence and innovation.
If you are a fully qualified accountant with an LLP background and keen to apply to this position, please do so today to avoid missing out!