Associate Director - Legal Finance & Accounting
New opportunity for join a global law firm in their finance team as their Senior Manager, Finance Service Assurance. This role sits in their central finance team and reports to the Head of International Finance, International.
This role is a critical liaison point with the firms Service Centre overseas and works with the Senior Finance Manager, Shared Services, to ensure finance services are delivered in a cost effective and customer centric way.
This role requires great understanding of the business, experience of shared services, and a strong understanding of risk and controls with the ability to apply this experience in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
This role requires excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
In addition, this role has responsibility for the central Credit Control function within the firm, supporting the UK business and other centrally managed locations.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible for ensuring that the governance structure of finance shared services is re-established
- Responsible for ensuring quality of service provided by the shared service centre for finance, holding the shared service centre to account on performance levels and acting as a point of escalation for complex or sensitive issues
- Working closely with the Global Process leads, and the delivery teams in the shared service centre, to ensure improvement plans are delivered and embedded
- Manage change and comms activities associated with finance shared services, ensuring that key messages are shared with the partnership, that feedback is sought and acted upon
- Oversight of the UK credit control function, a standalone team of around 12 FTE
- Good all round finance operations experience working for a global law firm or professional services firm
- Experience of working within a shared service environment, driving service improvement.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- Experience working at a Senior Manager level with proven people/team management experience
This role can be based in either London or Sheffield.
2 days hybrid working policy
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend