Senior Finance Manager
|Location:||London, Greater London, England|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£93000.00 - £106000.00 per annum|
New Senior Finance manager position working for Top Global Law firm supporting their COO for the Litigation team (90+ partners) with responsibility for providing financial and commercial support to the partners and associates in the London and Global Litigation Practice group.
You will work with the partners and the COO as a trusted advisor, providing sound financial advice to enhance and develop the practice group's profitability.
As the Senior Finance Manager you will be tasked with:
- Monitoring the financial performance of the London Litigation practice group, identifying areas for further investigation and advising on courses of action. In conjunction with the partners and COO.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual London Litigation budget, consulting with Heads of Group, COO, HR and BD.
- Preparation of the annual Investment Plan projections for review with COO.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly financial results and commentary for the Global (GLP), London Litigation and global sub group (IP, Arbitration and Employment).
- Direct responsibility for the financial and certain operational development and support of the Trade Mark practice.
- Direct point of escalation for London Litigation for working capital issues.
- Establishing procedures and working practices in conjunction with the eDiscovery team as it develops its business model in London and globally and providing on-going support.
- Providing direct support to partner and counsel candidates in the preparation of management information supporting their business cases and coaching them in financial awareness.
- Proactive business analysis, including regular meetings with partners to raise awareness of the key drivers of the business and how they can influence them
- Presentations to sub groups, associates and the PMO on pricing and profitability as well as delivering training to associates.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the working capital controller team to ensure they are focussing on the strategic priorities of the practice.
- Regular and ad hoc review and analysis of partner and practice financial performance.
- Working with the partners and BD teams to provide pricing and profitability advice for larger, complex matters.
- Providing financial analysis of clients and matters to support the marketing and business development function.
Previous law firm or professional services background preferred with proven experience in analysing and interpreting financial data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations to the business. This role would suit someone with very strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
Flexible working offered but must be in commuting disctance to the London office.