|Location:||London, Greater London, England|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
Additional hire Revenue Controller position now available at very large law firm to work as a float between practice groups. This will be on an initial 18 month FTC basis but could have longer term prospects due to work volumes.
You will assist with efficient management of the practice group's working capital cycle, with particular focus upon reducing the level of work in progress and ensuring compliance with the Firm's billing processes and policies.
The role involves developing a close working relationship with the practice group working capital partner, other designated partners/lawyers/PAs and the wider working capital management teams.
Specific duties include:
- Schedule meetings with partners in the group to ensure WIP is effectively managed and the group's revenue targets are met.
- Attendance at practice group meetings to ensure working capital management is firmly placed on the agenda.
- Regular review of WIP balances with partners and lawyers for billing (including circulation of regular reports) and troubleshoot any problematic issues with the Revenue team and Business Manager.
- Ensure that WIP over 6 months old is proactively managed and where necessary written down to an appropriate value in accordance with the firms write off policy
- Proactively manage unbilled disbursements particularly on matters where part or all of the balance is over six months old and on matters where there is no WIP.
- Be the reference point for Aderant billing and Carpe Diem enquiries within the group providing support for partners, lawyers and PAs.
- Take ownership of and manage the financial aspects of key and complex matters within the practice group such as multi-client, multi-jurisdictional matters. This will include the management and tracking of invoicing, client account transactions and debt statements.
- During month end and any particular busy period, assist the billing team with bill processing.
Previous Revenue Control experience will be required to be able to hit the ground running with partner meetings and WIP reporting and although the firm uses Aderant, they are happy to consider users of Elite /Elite 3e. Team fit is really important as the Revenue team has a wonderful culture, very approachable, friendly and very much a team ethos.