Revenue Controller position available within Silver Circle law firm to cover maternity leave for the next 12 months with possible extension. Using Aderant but the firm is open to considering Elite/Elite 3e or Aderant users.
This is a great opportunity to truly focus on WIP and the Revenue Cycle, as the firm has a separate billing and collections team. You will have roughly 40 partners in your portfolio who are majority based across the UK and a few internationally.
Key duties include:
- Proactively manage unbilled WIP on matters, helping to identify matters which have not been billed which should be billed, or WIP which should be written off.
- Take responsibility for ensuring write offs / transfers / matter changes that are identified in WIP meetings are dealt with and actioned either by doing so themselves or ensuring necessary actions are completed by the Billing Team
- Proactively report on dormant matters which hold a WIP balance to ensure these matters are considered for billing at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage aged unbilled disbursements and investigate why they have not been billed. Liaising with lawyers to ensure they are billed or written off as appropriate.
- Preparation of client reports as and when required, such as providing lists of billings at Partner level, or at client level and on an ad-hoc basis.
- During month end and any particular busy period, assist the billing team with bill processing.
For this role, hands on WIP/Revenue experience is essential as the billing and credit control is done by separate teams. As this is a partner facing role, strong communication skills will be required as well as the ability to good rapport quickly with your internal stakeholders.
Must have law firm background within a Revenue role.