Reporting & Analytics Developer
Ambition is currently supporting a modern and progressive Top 40 Law Firm. The Reporting & Analytics Developer (Finance) will initially be responsible for the technical redevelopment of the firms SSRS reporting suite, as well as supporting the development of a new suite of management reports and analytics . As a Reporting & Analytics Developer, you will have a strong and diverse technical background including knowledge of data modelling, report design and front-end technologies (dashboards).
As the Reporting & Analytics Developer some of your responsibilities include:
- Developing analytics and reporting capabilities to facilitate the conversion of data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
- Design and develop data models using T-SQL, Stored Procedures and functions.
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using SSRS, Power BI, Excel and other reporting technologies.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources to build into the Data Warehouse.
- Minimise the duplication of data and logic.
- Collaborating with business analysts and internal stakeholders to gather and document business requirements.
- Leveraging best practice methodology to support the consolidation of data sources and streamlining the firm's reporting architecture.
- Support the team's efforts in making improvements to data quality, accuracy, completeness, consistency and reliability.
- Identify, test and fix bugs / issues.
- Provide advice and analysis to senior colleagues (both lawyer and business services) with respect to the firm's reporting capability.
To be successful in this Reporting & Analytics Developer position, some of the requirements include:
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services 2016 & 2019) required
- Experience in SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) desired
- Experience with BI tools and building front end BI solutions/dashboards
- Strong data analysis and data-warehouse development skills in SQL Server
- Knowledge of Aderant
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Innovative and flexible
If you fit the Reporting & Analytics Developer description above and are interested in a position where you will be challenged, please apply with your updated CV.