Divisional Manager - Legal Finance & Accounting
Ambition are supporting a well established law firm with their recruitment for an experienced Accountant. This is a contract role for 12 months, offering a competitive salary and hybrid working.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Co-ordinating the monthly Flash Report and Management Accounts pack as part of the month end reporting cycle.
- Production of the monthly Legal Practice Group and Divisional internal management reports as part of the internal management reporting cycle.
- Managing and maintaining fee earner records in the firm's database, ensuring chargeable hours targets, charge out rates and costs are updated accurately for any known adjustments.
- Managing the client reporting process for a high value international fixed fee billing arrangement and dealing with the relevant accounting entries.
- Leading the annual review of charge out rates and producing the Revenue & Chargeable Value phasing file as part of the budget setting process.
- Production of the data sets required for the annual Partner appraisal process and Partnership Remuneration Committee packs, alongside the Associate bonus data.
- Production of the annual profitability packs, including an in-depth review with Legal Practice Group heads demonstrating strengths and weaknesses and recommending any areas of improvement in order to help improve profitability for the firm.
- Dealing with ad-hoc internal financial reporting queries as and when they arise.
- Approving banking transactions as and when required.
- Providing cover for team members during holiday or other absences.
- Involvement in change projects and setting up new reporting processes where required.
- Identifying and driving forward the implementation of process improvements in terms of efficiencies and the control environment.
- The Reporting Accountant will also be involved in other ad-hoc projects as and when they arise.
Ideal candidates will have previous finance experience, gained form having previously worked in the legal or professional services sector. If you are a part qualified accountant and have experience in supporting with monthly management/financial accounts prep, this could be a great role for you!
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend