R&D Consultant (Life Science)
Ambition are working alongside a fantastic top 10 accountancy practice seeking an R&D consultant with a background in life sciences to join their central London office.
The firm provides tax, audit and assurance, advisory and business outsourcing to companies across all sectors of the economy. They provide bespoke services to clients and deals with queries ranging from basic compliance through to high-level advisory work. Offices are based in the City of London, albeit remote working has naturally become part of the role.
As an R&D consultant, you will be responsible for working with a wide range of industry sectors undertaking development activities within the life science field. A vital aspect of the role is the ability to translate complex ideas into non-technical concepts and communicate this to a broad client base.
- Complete technical assessments of claims and produce technical summary.
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients.
- Ensure R&D claims meet requirements of relevant tax legislation and guidelines.
- Liaise with technical tax staff on preparation of R&D tax claims to HMRC.
- Continuously developing own knowledge and skills to keep technological knowledge up to date.
To be considered for the R&D consultant role, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Msc in life sciences from a recognised university. This in combination with a business degree would be an advantage to the applying candidate.
- Proven experience working on several projects within a business unit dealing with either internal or external clients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong interest in the fields of science, technology, and innovation.
- Highly proactive in the approach to new work opportunities.
- Team player and has an ability to work on own initiatives.
- Trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
If you would like to join this bespoke team in central London please apply directly or call Timo Turnley on 020 743 07263.