Ambition is representing a leading Magic Circle Law Firm who are in search for a proactive Partnership Accountant, you will have the opportunity to support the firm's partnership accounting & partner finance function. This includes the calculation and payment of partners' profit share (drawings & distributions), the management of partnership capital and partnership capital loan, partners' tax reserving and tax payments. This opportunity will enable the Partnership Accountant to fully understand the work covered by the team, to expand their skillsets and support their colleagues.
As an inclusive law firm they are committed to your progress by supporting you, building rewarding careers, opportunities for growth and facilitating a flexible environment.
As the Partnership Accountant some of your responsibilities include:
- Managing the annual capital contribution process together with arranging capital contributions/capital loans for new partner and capital loan repayments for retirees
- Managing relationships with the banks and legal advisers with regard to capital loan documentation
- Forecasting of bank facility limits
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of partners' capital general ledger accounts
- Reconciling interest and arranging the quarterly loan interest payments to the firm's banks
- Ownership of the Partner joiner, mover and retiree processes, ensuring there is a smooth transition
- Calculating the annual Global charity contributions which includes calculation of each partners annual contribution and charging to partner current accounts
- Ownership and reconciliation of partners disbursements accounts
- Assisting with the year-end audit & liaising with auditors
- Preparing year-end capital schedules to facilitate the production of the annual partner statements and disclosure in the firm's Annual Report & Financial Statements
- Providing support to the teams' management in ad-hoc project work, such as the development of new partner processes and systems
To be successful in this Partnership Accountant position, some of the requirements include:
- Qualified Accountant
- Significant experience in Partnership Accounts within a Law Firm or professional services setting
- Ability to provide a high level of client service
- Great communicator and the ability to effectively support the team
- Proactive and work well under pressure
If you are looking for a new challenge and are interested in this fantastic opportunity, then please apply with your updated CV.