Manager - Top 10 Accountancy Firm
|Location:||London, Greater London, England|
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting Tax & Audit|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
Ambition is currently working with a Top 10 Accountancy Firm who are currently seeking a Manager to join their Outsourcing and Business Services division in London. Joining the biggest department of it kind in London and within a growing service line of the firm, the opportunity for career progression and development is huge.
A top tier accountancy and business advisory firm who have gone from strength to strength in recent years. This is a growth area for the firm and will offer huge scope for personal and career development. The firm have offices throughout the UK with this role based in London.
The Manager role will be responsible for providing leadership to the Outsourcing & Business Services team, managing a portfolio of clients, and supporting Directors and Partners. This includes planning, monitoring, reviewing work of junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage the team on a day-to-day basis reviewing work of junior staff and upskilling individual members of the team
- Manage your own portfolio of more complex client assignments, identifying issues and suggesting solutions
- Review regular management accounts for our client base and reporting to clients
- Review VAT and FCA returns for clients prepared by junior members of the team
- Understand how to interpret financial and non-financial data and explain issues to clients in a way that is easy to understand.
- Advise clients to aid business decisions
- Offers ideas from previous experience or other organisations to improve management reports.
- Manage budgets for client work and have a thorough understanding of the firms billing procedures, including charge out rates, budgeting, and calculation of recovery rates
- Conduct meetings with clients and collaborate with them
- Actively seek out ways to improve the profitability of engagements
- Understand the strength and weaknesses of staff members and assign work accordingly
- Bringing in new business leads which turn into new jobs for the department
The successful candidate must be either ACA/ACCA qualified with demonstrable knowledge of managing staff and running a team/department within a top/mid-tier 20 accountancy practice. In addition, candidates will need to be able clearly demonstrate:
- Advise on and implement financial systems, processes, and controls
- Knowledge of the impacts that different client/industries and service offerings have on the technical work and final deliverables
- Up to date technical knowledge, therefore able to teach and mentor staff
- Excellent understanding of cloud accounting software and add-ons and can articulate the purpose and value of appropriate systems to clients
- Able to easily commute into Central London
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and can apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Coaches team to deliver results
- Excellent client interacting and relationship building skills
- Knows when to delegate and when to take personal responsibility
What is on Offer
This is the chance to join a top tier firm, the biggest department of its kind in London, in a key position that will push your career forward, can offer a highly competitive package.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply directly, or call Jonathan Cohen on 020 7430 7273