Management Accountant - Mid-Tier Practice
Ambition is delighted to be working with a well-established mid-tier accountancy practice based in Central London who is currently looking for a Management Accountant to join the firm. This is a great opportunity to join a successful and expanding team with a great reputation in the market.
A well-established, full service, mid-tier accountancy firm with an outstanding reputation in a some specialist industries based in Central London. The firm are currently entering an exciting growth phase with plans to grow to a top 20 practice within 5 years owing to significant external investment.
As Management Accountant, the role will manage and assist a portfolio of clients, providing a full cloud service of management accounts, journals, reconciliations, and VAT returns. The role has the ability to work in an agile manner - flexible hours and offer remote working.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly management accounts to client
- Bookkeeping for a variety of clients
- Maintain all ledgers for a variety of clients
- Posting month end journals
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Advise managers of any outstanding issues
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Apply appropriate tax codes, liaising with client and HMRC as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
This role offers great personal development training opportunities paired with partner mentoring, ensuring that all staff can shape a fulfilling career.
Applicants should have a recent experience and a proven track record working in a chartered accountants in an outsourcing/cloud-based role. This will ideally have extensive working knowledge to a range of cloud-based software, namely Xero and QuickBooks. Additional key traits the firm are looking for are:
- Client focused
- Ability to prepare management accounts for companies and other entities and handle more complex accounting matters
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Able to commute easily to offices and clients as and when required in Central London
What's on Offer
This is an amazing opportunity for an existing bookkeeper to take the next step in their career or for a Management Accountant to join a firm at the just the right time as they embark on their high growth journey. Excellent, rapid career progression and a competitive salary will be on offer to right person.
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply directly or call Jonathan for a confidential chat on 020 7430 7273 or email email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role.
Ambition is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.