Legal Cashier - 12 month FTC
Ambition are representing a Top 75 leading Law Firm who are currently in search for an experienced Legal Cashier to cover an upcoming maternity leave on a 12 month FTC basis. The firm believes in investing in its people and encourages flexibility, with a great culture within the team. The Legal Cashier will be reporting to the Cashier supervisor and will focus on client and office accounts.
As a Legal Cashier some of your responsibilities include:
- Providing expertise on technical cashiering matters including postings and reconciliations, firm controls as well as compliance aspects affecting the team i.e. AML guidelines and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Ensuring all transactions on the client bank accounts are posted on a daily basis
- Being the main point of contact for client account transactions, liaising with partners, fee earners, external clients and the bank as appropriate
- Provide cover for office account payments, ensuing CHAPS, BACS and cheque requests are administered in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuing client residual balances are reviewed, monitored and cleared in accordance with firm policy
- Performing and allocating the quarterly interest calculations
- Responsible for opening and closing all deposit bank accounts
- Running the daily sub ledger reconciliations
- Provide cover for payments and posting of partner capital interest, partner tax and profit distributions to partners
To be successful in this Legal Cashier position, some of the requirements include:
- Previous experience as a Legal Cashier with Client & Office Accounts experience.
- Systems knowledge of Aderant or similar financial system is advantageous
- Good knowledge of SAR or SRA Rules
- IT literate & good team player
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload
If you fit the Legal Cashier description above and are interested in a progressive position, please apply with your updated CV.