Head of Finance Systems role available at leading global law firm.
The purpose of this role is to determine the strategy and roadmap for finance systems and business processes which will involve considering business needs and direction in the context of the wider IT environment; assessing return on investment; and being able to present findings and recommendations to senior stakeholders including the IT Board.
You will also lead & manage the Finance Systems team including production systems, application development and upgrades, data stewardship, client on-boarding and functional business analysts. To provide operational oversight ensuring continuity of service to the business and be accountable for the maintenance, development and budgets across the entire finance systems ecosystem.
Specific Duties include:
- Responsible for determining, planning and delivering the strategic roadmap for all finance systems.
- Forward looking analysis of future finance business solutions to keep the Firm ahead on finance areas
- Overall responsibly for the finance systems budget, resources, skills development, planning and delivery
- Close relationships with software vendors to ensure the Firms' interests are served, set objectives for the future to ensure continuity of service, adherence to service levels and responsiveness to business change
- Advise on strategic business solutions, software, data and process projects across the firm, especially those with Finance touchpoints in order to increase the value added and competitive advantage
- Accountability for all operational aspects of the Finance Systems and team including: maintenance, support, development, upgrades and purchases. To be the project sponsor for assigned projects, planning, monitoring and communicating project activities, issues and risks to leadership, the IT Board or the business at large
- Ownership of the budgets for finance systems. Oversee the preparation of cost and resource estimates and project timelines; providing direction to project planning activities, issues and risks. Work with Procurement on vendor negotiations for both price and terms
- Provide high quality, well thought through advice and solutions to internal and external clients
- Ensure future goals and plans can be met in terms of resources, skills and cross department dependencies. Assist in prioritising, rationalising and distributing work to meet changing demands
- Work continuously on ensuring a standard of data integrity and security is achieved and maintained
- Develop data insights and information to support and drive business performance
- Work with the numerous senior managers that report into this role to leverage their respective teams' contributions
- Lead the business solutions team - responsible for designing, project managing, developing and deploying solutions to meet business needs, act as advisor to the business, support new business opportunities/offices and safeguard finance systems
- Lead the production system team - responsible for ensuring continual systems service to the business, providing training, managing system security and assisting all users of the finance systems
- Lead the client on-boarding team - work to bring clients requirements into the finance systems framework
- Lead the data and analytics team within Finance whose responsibilities span data integrity to business analytics
- Work directly with the Finance Heads and other senior management posts across the Firm, providing guidance on finance systems and solutions topics as well as best practice and processes
- Train, mentor and guide direct reports to grow and fulfil their roles and to ensure the team is fit for purpose
- Strong Leadership skills
- Experienced working at board level
- Technical finance systems knowledge but also broader finance knowledge - someone who started off as an accountant and moved into finance systems for example
- Elite 3e not essential - will look outside of law firm background
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend