Interim Head of Finance opportunity available in UK law firm to cover maternity leave for 9-12 months.
As the Head of Finance you will lead the finance department of 25 (6 direct reports) and provide operational, commercial and strategic support to the partners and fee earners as well as the other Business Services functions.
You will have full oversight and responsibility for all aspects of financial operations, including budgeting, forecasting & planning, year-end reporting including statutory accounts, management accounts & monthly reporting, partner accounting & tax, client & office accounts, accounts payable & expenses, billing & credit control, finance systems and payroll.
Specific duties include:
- Producing a smooth and efficient financial year end /from year end close through to statutory accounts sign off
- Playing a key role in the upgrade of the Finance System from Elite 3E 2.8 to 3.0 and improving the user experience for fee earners (i.e. improving dashboards)
- Financial modelling to update the Firm's 3-year business plan
- Ensure the Finance Team meets its 3-year goals, with a focus on reducing the Firm lock up days.
- Assisting with the re-design of partner remuneration
- Producing monthly lock up calculations
- Producing partner remuneration information packs for Management Committee and individual partners
- Leading and delivering the annual reforecasting process
- Leading and delivering the 2023/24 Annual Budget process
As this is a contract position, key criteria for the role include:
- Experience working in a Head of / Finance Director/ Financial Controller role previously
- Prior experience of working in the legal sector and therefore have a deep understanding of the law firm operating model
- Capability of leading and inspiring team members
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Must have an accountancy qualification
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend