Divisional Manager - Accounts & Outsourcing
Ambition is delighted to be partnering with a rapidly growing professional services firm, seeking a Head of Accountancy to join the team.
Our client is a rapidly growing professional services firm, specialising in working with high potential SME's. They focus on three core disciplines: Advisory, Accounting & Legal delivering to clients through quality guidance and joined-up expertise at each stage of business growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and build the Accountancy function, delivering real value to both their clients and to their business as a whole. This person will be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team.
The key objective for this role is to deliver departmental revenue objectives by maximising the potential of the team, delivering strategic advice to their clients and leading departmental business development with both existing and new clients.
The right person will be a technical expert in UK accounting and SME-related tax issues and have proven experience successfully partnering SMEs through their growth journeys. You will understand the challenges our clients face and, as the most experienced member of the team, be able to answer the technical queries our Accounts team have. You will have experience leading a high-functioning team that enjoy what they do and make a real positive contribution to the business.
- You will be responsible for managing the Accounts team currently comprising of eight people (a Senior Manager whose role combines client-facing servicing with internal finance, three qualified Client Managers and three Accountants (still in training). This person will provide structure, oversight, management, leadership, coaching and development of the team to create a high performing department.
- You will be responsible for defining and executing your departmental strategy and operational plan.
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with 5-10 key clients, providing them with strategic advice as and when required.
- Working with the Head of Marketing, you will lead new business activities for the Accountancy department by creating and contributing to marketing and new business activities.
- You will live our Company Values (Curious, Collaborative and Commercial) consistently, leading by example.
- ACCA / ACA qualified essential
- Desirable CTA qualification
- 2 years' minimum experience advising fast-growth UK-based SMEs
- Experience leading a high-performing team
- Strategic thinking. Value the need for strategy and confident to course correct if needed.
- Tech-savvy. Experience using Xero, Iris Accounts Production and Practice Engine.
- Resilience. With scaling comes change so the ability to manage and enjoy change key.
- Relationship-building. Open, effective relationships with colleagues and clients crucial.
- People management. Belief in value of a high-performance culture and experience building one.
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate the 'numbers' and confident having challenging conversations.
Whats on Offer?
Competitive Salary + Additional Benefits
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend