Associate Director - Legal Finance & Accounting
An amazing opportunity to join an international law firm as their Finance Systems & Reporting Manager.
As the Finance Systems and Reporting Manager, you will report to the Head of Finance Transformation & Systems and will support the firm's financial systems, project managing system configuration changes and enhancement. Being responsible for the management and maintenance of the firms Aderant system, all related issues and new development roll-outs with a focus on Accounting, Reporting and Planning.
Specific duties include:
- Aderant systems administration, implementation and enhancement; possessing the ability to advise key stakeholders on configuration and enhancement options.
- Supporting all Aderant system developments and its future road map; managing systems releases / upgrades / customisations and integrations.
- Take ownership of, understand and challenge all user accounting, reporting and planning requirements. Build and implement robust reporting templates to satisfy these requirements using SQL and/or other appropriate tools.
- Translate complex business processes and requirements into financial system changes and enhancements to improve business efficiency and the quality of finance outputs.
- Manage multiple cross-departmental system improvement projects, including conducting complex business requirement documentation, project status presentation to the steering committee and the coordination of cross-departmental input to keep projects on track.
- Stakeholder management; working efficiently and effectively with other functions e.g., acting as the 'bridge' between Finance teams and IT teams. Explaining the reasoning behind your decision making to financial and non-financial colleagues.
- Proactively identify opportunities in systemisation to meet business needs and improve overall finance and business process efficiency.
- Providing day to day Aderant systems support for all users.
- System administration for the Group, including data security, user security and entity structure development and maintenance. Ensure access controls are in place and regular reviews are conducted and relevant documentations are up to date.
- Aderant experience is essential as well as SQL Server, SQL reports, and very strong excel skills
- Must know finance/accounts (perhaps an ex-Accountant who moved into systems).
- Need to be able to manage all day-to-day tasks as well as put their input into the project work]
- Law firm background essential.
- Experience managing/ leading a team
- 3 days in the office, 2 from home
- Discretionary bonus
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://www.ambition.co.uk/refer-a-friend