Ambition is representing a leading Magic Circle Law Firm who are currently looking for a fully qualified Financial/Management Accountant, to join their Central Finance team. As a an Accountant, you will be working in a friendly and progressive finance team, as well as enhancing your current skillsets within business planning and the budgeting process. This role will have shared supervision of an assistant accountant and you will be involved in a variety of areas, which can include Fixed Asset Accounting, Fee Deal Accounting, Statutory Accounts, projects analysis and reporting.
As the Financial/Management Accountant some of your responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the accurate and timely recording of transactions relating to specific Business Teams.
- Calculating and posting into the system the relevant month end entries, as part of the London and Global Head Office monthly accounts process.
- Working closely with senior managers and budget holders in the Business Teams to gain a thorough understanding of the cost base.
- Preparation of detailed monthly expenditure analysis and variance analysis.
- Providing the Business Teams with all aspects of accounting support, involved in financial modelling to provide technical financial advice.
- Assisting with preparing as hoc analysis for the Global COO and Global CFO.
- Shared supervision, training and development of trainee accountants in the team.
To be successful in this Financial/Management Accountant position, some of the requirements include:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), ideally with up to 2 years PQE within audit, partnership or law firm setting
- Understanding of statutory accounting, month end procedures, management accounting and reporting would be advantageous
- Brilliant Communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good Excel and data manipulation skills
If you fit the Financial/Management Accountant description above and are interested in a firm that encourages internal progression, then please apply with your updated CV.