Are you an experienced Senior Finance professional working in a law firm?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a high profile law firm as their Financial Controller where you will be responsible for the planning, managing, operating and controlling of the firm's accounting services. As the Financial Controller, you will have 3 direct reports with a wider finance team of 10+ working underneath you, alongside the Finance Director.
Some of your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain proper accounting records of the LLP and Service Company
- Manage lock up by driving activity on WIP management, billing and collection
- Meet with budget holders in order to prepare annual budgets and to analyse, review and forecast their business areas
- Manage the year-end financial audit
- Review and publish monthly management accounts and associated reports within agreed timescales
- Review and publish cashflow and P&L forecasts
- Conduct profitability analysis at team, client and matter level
- Analyse and model new initiatives and scenarios
- Review and publish the annual statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Manage, support, train and develop the finance team
- Design and deliver best practice training to fee earners (including partners)
Law firm background is essential for this position, as well as someone who is fully qualified with plenty of hands on people management experience.