Financial Accountant 6-12months
Ambition are representing a reputable law firm who are looking for a qualified Financial Accountant to cover a maternity leave position for 6-12 months.
As the Financial Accountant, you will need prior experience completing month-end management accounts, year-end financial statements and, if possible, some experience with VAT, surveys and payroll reconciliations.
- Posting and reconciliation of payroll accounts for several offices.
- Control and review of the intercompany accounts, including reconciliation of the intercompany balances on a monthly basis and ensuring that transfers between offices are accounted for correctly.
- Updating of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of recurring global management cost allocation spreadsheet and raising of intercompany bills.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management consolidated balance sheets.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the yearly audit process.
- Creation of year-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Taking responsibility for audit requests.
- Taking responsibility of the trial balance for some of the smaller offices.
- Liaison with staff in international offices in order to coordinate responses to auditor queries.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with preparation of year-end financial statements.
- Compilation and reporting of financial data for legal and government surveys.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT return.
- Preparation of proforma intercompany invoices between international offices.
- Assistance with the preparation of yearly tax return workings.
Applicants will need to be fully qualified and have experience working within a law firm or wider professional services environment. The initial period of this role will be 6 months with a high likelihood of an extension to 12 months.