NEW Financial Accountant position available at International Law Firm.
This role will be covering maternity leave for 8 months initially but could get extended. As the Financial Accountant you will be involved in both financial and management accounts with specific duties involving:
- Preparation of the annual consolidated LLP statutory accounts for all entities within the EMEA and Asia region, including liaising with the auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Assist with reconciliation of the modified cash management accounts to the Accrued statutory Accounts, highlighting material differences to management
- Maintain and control the ledgers for assigned entities within the group with overall TB responsibility, ensuring there is adequate control, reconciliation and review of all accounts whilst also maintaining accurate multi-currency bookkeeping
- Assist with the preparation and review of monthly modified cash management accounts in the global reporting currency. This will include P/L reviews and processing necessary journals
- Assist with the month end and year end close
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns for both the UK and the UAE offices.
- Maintaining and reviewing the fixed assets registers
- Working closely with colleagues across the global department to ensure accurate recording of expenditure
- Assistance in the maintenance of cash-flow projections in connection with the firms banking facility obligations.
- Understand and maintain accounting entries for the firms treatment of differences between modified cash and accrued accounting
Key requirements for this role are that someone is must be fully qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) and come from a global professional services firm, as they are looking for someone who is comfortable preparing group accounts and VAT returns.