Finance Systems Technical Analyst
|Salary:||£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum|
NEW Finance Systems position available at UK law firm.
This role will join the finance team to focus and work on Elite 3e and will sit under the financial systems manager. The primary focus will be on Elite 3E and will need someone who has experience using Elite 3e for at least 2+ years with strong technical skills to be able to grow 3E knowledge and experience within the team.
This role needs someone who is client focused and has experience working with 3E as they will be there to educate the finance team and also the wider business
This is a permanent position that offers impressive benefits as well as the opportunity to progress within the firm and the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Architect performant, scalable and robust system solutions using VB.Net, SQL and XML technologies including XSLT.
- Liaise with external software suppliers (particularly Elite) to develop, implement and troubleshoot Elite 3E solutions and issues.
- Work collaboratively with the team to understand requirements and ensure all technical aspects of the system are delivered as planned.
- Ability to communicate effectively while leading complex business and technical discussions with people at all levels of the firm.
- Support upskilling of other members within Finance Systems Team to improve effectiveness of the team in order to complete enhancement work in house.
- Ownership of enhancement and issues roadmap with the Financial Systems Manager to make sure business needs are achieved.
- Identify potential technical risks at the documentation and design stages and mitigate against them by understanding the context of a solution and highlighting the impact of design decisions on Elite 3E and other systems.
- Produce structured, reusable code that has been subjected to code review and quality control processes.
- Ensure development best practices and coding standards are enforced and enhanced.
This is a technical role that requires extensive experience using Microsoft tools and programming language as well as excellent knowledge of the .NET framework (Primarily VB.NET, C#train to VB.Net) and XML related technologies including XSLT and XPath. Strong background in database design, analysis and development.