Finance Business Analyst
|Specialisation:||Finance & Accounting|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
Ambition is representing a Top 30 Global Law Firm who are currently looking for a driven Finance Business Analyst to be an integral part of their Finance Systems team. As a Finance Business Analyst, you will be the key conduit between the developers, IT and Finance department, to drive the change and ensure continuity. The Finance Systems Department has recently been set up, enabling you to focus on innovation and undertake larger projects that are key to the firm.
The Finance Business Analyst will often own the change from inception to outcome for Finance projects; working from initial ideas, requirements gathering to proposal, design and delivery.
Corporate responsibility is an important part of this firms culture and they are committed to creating a diverse & inclusive working environment, so that all their employees are able to reach their full potential.
As the Finance Business Analyst some of your responsibilities include:
- Delivering and implementing operational change across the Finance function whilst promoting best practices
- Delivering solutions to decision makers and Finance clients keeping with internal or external accounting policies and business drivers
- Work closely with the finance systems developers and act as the key conduit between them and the key finance and IT personnel requesting the development change
- Partner with teams throughout the global Finance function and other support departments to understand business needs with aim of improving accuracy, efficiency and controls
- Support & train finance and other personnel globally on specialist finance and systems subjects
- Participate in practice management system upgrade projects
- Write software test plans, carry out methodical testing and document results in close collaboration with the relevant SMEs
- Work with the FP&A team to guide the direction of internal reporting output and the Group Financial Reporting team in respect of statutory external reporting
- Develop in-depth functional and operational knowledge of Finance systems and policies to provide subject matter expertise to stakeholders across the business
- Check existing customisations and new functionality on the latest version of the 3E accounting system
- Update Elite 3E functional process documentation, including the 3E security process
- Drive the direction of the systems design using industry best practice and specific 3E knowledge to inform discussions
- Build and maintain relationships with Finance staff, to be able to assist with their education and to promote best practices and procedures in line with global finance policies
To be successful in this Finance Business Analyst position, some of the requirements include:
- Experienced Finance Business Analyst or a qualified accountant
- In depth systems knowledge in Elite 3E
- A good understanding of accounting principles and group structures
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously in an environment with shifting priorities
- Aptitude for learning and using financial and management information systems
- Proven stakeholder management
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
If you fit the Business Analyst description above and are interested in a new challenge, please apply with your updated CV.