A number of our leading Law Firms including Magic circle, Silver circle and boutique firms have shown their resilience by adapting and increasing their focus on a more versatile and dynamic approach to work, as well as placing a greater level of importance on employee health and well-being.
Through our research, we have come to see a positive uptick towards recovery within the legal sector as firms adapt to the new "normal", therefore leading to an Influx of Credit Controller vacancies. Credit Controllers are crucial in supporting the finance team during this climate; due to firms focusing on cash, WIP and debtors.
As a Credit Controller some of your responsibilities include:
- To undertake regular reviews of Debt balances
- To assist with regular reviews of WIP balances
- Support the billing team during peak billing times
- To operate the firm's credit control system, phone and chase clients, send bill reminder letters and statements to clients
- To advise fee earners on progress in chasing outstanding debts and to co-ordinate with them regarding action to be taken to recover overdue debts
To be successful in a Credit Controller position, some of the requirements include:
- Previous experience working within a finance function in a professional services environment; ideally Revenue/Credit/Billing position within a law firm setting
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Confident in liaising with Partners and Fee earners
- Attention to detail and methodical approach
- Team player and willingness to learn
If you are interested in having the chance to get yourself through the door for these upcoming exciting opportunities, then please apply with your updated CV.