Commercial Finance Manager
Exciting new Commercial Finance Manager position now available at a top international law firm initially to cover maternity leave, but offered on a permanent basis as the firm is growing and looking to add an additional headcount to their Commercial Finance Team.
As the Commercial Finance Manager you will be supporting the leadership team and the firm to deliver its overall strategy, improve profitability and recovery, and give pricing support on key client engagements.
Key duties include:
- Working closely with the Business Development Team and Partners to ensure pitch responses are profitable, commercially sound, and that fee proposals are both innovative and flexible.
- Building relationships with other support teams and stakeholders to ensure the wider business context is considered, appreciated, and represented in pricing and profitability decisions.
- Ensuring proposals meet both the firm's and the client's values, and that proposals help to build on the firm's strategy
- Designing and creating targeted, effective, and collaborative training solutions to upskill stakeholders in pricing, commerciality, confidence, value, profitability and recovery improvement.
- Promoting and developing current and new tools to educate and empower the firm's partners and associates, to gain greater confidence and price smaller, less complex matters independently
- Working with partners and the Client Management Team to maximise the value of client relationships, those within our Strategic Client and Sector growth client programmes.
- Preparing regular financial analysis and commentary for key sectors and clients, and providing advice in relation to potential areas of improvement.
- Business partnering with Sector Heads and Client Relationship Partners to provide financial support and drive profitability.
- Provide post-matter financial analysis and associated pricing and business insight to partners, Commercial Finance, and Business Development teams as required.
To be successful in your application, experience in Pricing within professional services, (ideally law firm) is essential for this position. An accountancy qualification is not a requirement, as long as you are able to demonstrate hands on commercial finance / pricing experience. Must be a strong communicator and be able to be a trusted advisor to your stakeholders.