Commercial Finance Analyst
12 month FTC Commercial Finance Analyst role available in top Global Law Firm support the Commercial Finance/ Divisional Business Management team.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst you will be helping to co-ordinate working capital initiatives with Practice executives at a practice/division level; and own activity reporting including reports on working capital during a month and chargeable hours. You will also be supporting the firm's client/matter life cycle, including matter tracking and monitoring, producing financial reports and analysis and matter pricing and resource planning .
Other specific duties include:
- Pricing support to the Pricing team or Business Managers at peak times, as well as providing matter/client reporting which allows for timely review of issues with partners.
- Supporting the Commercial & Pricing manager with the pricing of matters and large opportunities, attendance at kick off meetings and overall analysis and presentation of pricing proposals.
- Structuring and developing presentation material to communicate commercial projects to the wider business including the Executive team and Senior management
- Business manager or Pricing team day to day support. This will include first review of monthly profit and loss analysis, review of partner financial reports prior to assist with discussion with Practice and Division heads, assistance with the yearly budgeting process and financial plans (as required and working capital management review
- Work with relevant financial teams to drive the annual rate reviews across all jurisdictions (and working with EMEA/US counterpart/s where required for consistency with clients).
- Produce ad hoc strategic financial analysis to assist with cross functional and Commercial management initiatives.
To be successful in your application, some experience working within pricing / financial analysis for either a law firm previous or professional services firm is needed as well as strong excel skills. Will need to have a confident communication style and be proactive in work approach.